Saturday, November 11, 2006

A paradox...

It was pouring rain when I got up at 5:30am to go for my 24-mile training run with my fellow SFRRC members. I knew it would be terrible, but of course I put on my warmest clothes, ate my oatmeal, and headed down to the Marina Green, hoping to see the others there. Much to my surprise, almost everyone had shown up!

Here's the paradox: If it had been a 10-mile run in the rain, we would have stayed home in bed and gone running later that day or the next. But because it was a 24-miler, we all got up and dragged ourselves down there, prepared to face the elements. The longer the run, the more likely we are to do it in the rain! How sick and twisted are we???

Fortunately, it only rained for the first 30 minutes or so, and it turned out to be a beautiful run over the Golden Gate Bridge and through Sausalito to Tiburon...

No comments: